Communications Intern - Winter 2021 Internship (Meraki)
Winter Internship (January - April 2021, 20 hours per week during normal business hours). The internship may be remote.
Cisco Meraki Business Unit
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter. As a business unit of Cisco Systems, Meraki is the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world with products and technology architecture that are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re on track to be the most successful acquisition in Cisco’s history (and certainly the most fun!). Our office makes working here pretty special too. If you’re looking for a company that really commits, how about our onsite gym with weekly fitness and yoga classes, and paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community? All in all, what truly makes Meraki special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, meaningful, and rewarding.
As a Communications Intern, you will explore the discovery/scoping phase of communications strategy, gain a robust understanding of communications operations, explore alignment between sales and product communications, expand social media engagement, and work on a fun, creative video project of your choosing! This role offers an environment to learn, practice, and establish a solid base that is invaluable for a career in Communications or Marketing. This is a high-energy position requiring an individual who is extraordinarily motivated, creative, and results-oriented.
- Conduct a communications discovery project to gain insight and deeper understanding of comms needs/initiatives across Sales Organization and recommend new strategies
- Monitor trends and leverage social media insights to provide data-backed recommendations
- Partner with Executive Communications Manager on ongoing communications, providing program management support
- BONUS - Conceptualize and creative direct a video project of your choosing!
- Enrolled in a 4-year university, graduating between April 2021 and December 2021
- Degree paths can include but are not limited to: Communications, Psychology, or Marketing.
- A strong communicator, both verbal and written, with an eye for design.
- Organized and detail-oriented with fanatical attention to quality and accuracy
- A creative thinker and problem solver who thrives on building strong relationships
- Driven, eager, and excited to jump in and test out new ideas
- Video production experience welcomed, not required
- Authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we're challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We're building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!