Recreation Intern | Spring 2021
The Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate is surrounded by 36 holes of championship Orlando golf, the Leadbetter Golf Academy World Headquarters and 15 acres of recreation, this four-diamond resort is one of the nation's premier golf, meeting and leisure retreats. In addition to walk-out golf, guests may choose to relax in our signature Mokara spa, dine in one of our five restaurants or enjoy 15 acres of pools and recreation activities including the 850-foot lazy river.
Omni Orlando’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate may be your perfect match.
To carry out daily tasks and assignments to provide a positive guest experience. Complete special projects and assignments to improve the Recreation Program.
- Provide exceptional guest service on a daily basis through our MOS.
- Daily cleaning and upkeep of Recreation facility.
- Supervision of the waterslide, cabanas and towel hut operations.
- Ensure guest safety by enforcing all rules.
- Facilitate daily activities.
- Assist with planning of teambuilding, holiday and monthly activities.
- Shadow other departments to learn more about overall hotel operations.
- Work with supervisors to complete a Special Project during internship, designed to enhance guest experience and/or improve overall Recreation Program.
- Earning college credits during internship.
- Able to become certified in basic CPR and First Aid.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Able to push/pull towels bins weighing up to 300 pounds.
- Must have basic swimming skills to assist a guest in the pool if needed.
- Able to work on feet for majority of shift.
- Okay to work in various weather conditions: extreme heat, cold, rain, sun, etc.
- Must be comfortable in and around pools.
Tools & Equipment:
- Computer and POS skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer programs.