Accountant II - Utilities
Starting Salary: $51,890.00
Pay Grade: P40
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to the Personnel Policy & Procedure Manual for starting salary information.
Department: Utilities Customer Information & Services
Location: Land O' Lakes
General Description: Responsible accounting and administrative work in coordinating financial management activities in al operating branch or major department.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: All employees will be required to work before, during, or after an emergency. During an emergency, employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
Essential Job Functions:Maintains financial records and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded within established statutes, guidelines, ordinances, County policy and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. Reviews transactions and bank reconcillations using various systems (Paymentus, JP Morgan, CIS Infinity, etc.) to perform journal entries and establish the guidelines for entry, as necessary. Enters approved journal entries into Tyler Munis. Interfaces with outside auditors in handling year end requests. Prepares daily reports for outside entities (Clerk's Office).
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Knowledge of standard office methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of County departments, operations and regulations.
- Ability to maintain records/files accurately and legibly, prepare reports and correspondence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively via telephone, in person, in writing and online.
- Ability to make decisions and work without close supervision.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and other office equipment.
- Ability to make mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the general public.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of government and cost accounting.
- Knowledge of principles and policies of public and business administration.
- Knowledge of the lasws, rules and regulations effective in the State and County relating to fiscal and accounting records and procedures.
- Ability to manage, supervise and coordinate the work of a clerical staff.
- Two (2) years of government accounting experience preferred.
PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written and visual communication.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or Public Administration with course work in public finance. Five (5) years of experience in accounting.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATION: Must possess a valid driver's license.
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida Law.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Under Section 295.07, F.S., chapter SSA-7 Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicants.