This is routine general clerical work. The work involves a variety of tasks performed according to established methods and practices.
1. Receives, sorts, and distributes mail and documents; checks documents for accuracy and completeness; contacts requesting or initiating party to secure additional information or clarify discrepancies.
2. Receives and routes telephone calls; maintains logs of telephone calls and visitors; greets visitors to work unit, ascertains the nature of their business and directs to appropriate party or office.
3. Operates office equipment (computer, copier, fax, etc..) to prepare/complete form letters, standard forms, and documents; to obtain or verify information and prepares source documents for data entry; and to reproduce documents, correspondence and documents and maintains office records and files.
4. Maintains a log/database of equipment and property.
5. Verifies and checks schedules, and proper documentation as required.
6. Assists others as assigned or required.
7. Performs related work as required or as assigned.
This is light work which requires the following physical activities: twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, climbing, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing and visual acuity. Work is performed primarily indoors.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. Graduation from high school or an equivalent recognized certificate.
2. General clerical experience preferred.
3. Must demonstrate competency by passing the appropriate clerical examination.
4. Must demonstrate proficiency in the ability to read and write.
5. Must speak English.
6. Must demonstrate the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Software, office machines, copiers, scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers.