Recreation Specialist II
- Develops, coordinates, implements and evaluates varied recreational activities, special events and programs for youth, teens and adults to ensure County-wide and community participation year-round including summer camp, out-of-school-time programs and school holidays.
- Performs program registration/evaluation/documents maintenance; directs the work of contractual/volunteer/seasonal summer camp staff; sets/cleans up and assists with general facilities maintenance.
- Liaises with the public, youth/adult sports providers, schools and service agencies to obtain/provide information, formulate new programs and further public relations for Palm Beach County (PBC).
- Bachelor's Degree in Recreation, Health and Physical Education or related field;
- minimum of one (1) year of experience organizing and supervising recreational activities. Equivalency: Unrelated Bachelor's Degree and two (2) years of related experience.
Necessary Special Requirements:
- Must obtain First Aid/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Certification within six (6) months of hire.
- SAFETY-SENSITIVE POSITION SUBJECT TO RANDOM DRUG TESTING
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds. Valid Florida Driver's License and PBC Risk Management
- Department driving history approval prior to appointment. Must obtain a FL Class C CDL with Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsements within six (6) months of hire.
- Must pass a Level 2 background check prior to appointment.
PREFERENCE FOR EXPERIENCE: Directing summer camp operations for youth/teens (must specify on application); facilitating/planning programs for youth or adult sports groups. Also desirable: Bilingual (English/Spanish); valid FL Class A/B/C CDL with Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsements.
Interested applicants must register and apply through our website: www.pbcgov.com/jobs
Job Id #17755
If you need assistance or have any questions you may contact our HR department at 561-616-6888 reference Job Id #17755